The enlarged 340-page book includes the steamboats (and replica steamboats) plying the USA’s major rivers. A labour of love, it is intended to help you to decide which rivership and river cruise company to book, and provides comparative information unavailable elsewhere.
River Cruising Update (December 2021)
As the effects of the global pandemic reverberated throughout the world, its effect on river cruising have also been felt. However, as we look forward to better times in 2022, it is hoped that river cruising will be able to offer outstanding itineraries and personal experiences.
2021 proved to be a “Year of Transition” for river cruising, with the adaptation to new rules and regulations.
In light of the ever-changing rules of travel as it applies to rivercruising, Douglas Ward recommends that you:
- Take good-quality hand cream or moisturiser, because your hands will suffer from dry skin after constant hand washing
- Take double the amount of any medication you would normally need for your cruise
- Take chewing gum or boiled sweets with you so that you always have something in reserve in case you run out of water
- Have a set of personal exercises ready and practised in case you need to self-isolate in your cabin
- Take a good book or two that you can read anywhere in case of any travel disruption